POST TITLE: Office Assistant
Part or Full time considered – Part time minimum 21 hours a week
LOCATION: Lauriston Park, Pitchill, Salford Priors (this will be the new office location, as of 23rd April 2019)
REPORTS TO: Project Manager/Office Co-ordinator
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
To provide administration support for the admin and project teams who support energy related schemes and services. The role will be to provide admin and telephone support. You will be an integral part of our team ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting our daily charitable activities.
The role will involve carrying out a range of technical and clerical support tasks to deliver a quality service to the Act on Energy team and to customers within our agreed service standards. You must be organised, competent and professional with phenomenal communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people over the telephone and able to carry out the relevant administrative duties with accuracy and speed. The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficiently dealt with and add maximum value to the charity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To provide financial admin support to ensure the smooth running of Act on Energy including;
o General book keeping – use of Sage
o Issuing of sales and purchase invoices, resolving debt and dealing with petty cash
o Dealing with financial related documentation, including payroll, VAT and other statutory returns
• Assist the Project Manager and team with the delivery of energy efficiency schemes such as ECO.
• To assist when required with event planning and attendance at such public events.
• To work in an environment where managing continual interruptions and conflicting demands can cause high levels of pressure.
• The production of documents to a high standard of accuracy and presentation using the software provided. This will include the production of letters and information advice and guidance.
• Maintain high standards when managing conﬁdential information, complying with Act on Energy’s General Data Protection Procedures GDPR and legal requirements ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
• To assist when required to help service various formal meetings, including; organising venues, issuing invites and minute taking, the production of accurate records and the distribution of reports within agreed time scales.
• To achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by line manager
• To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
• To ensure that all duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the General Data protection Act 2018 and other legislation
• To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
• The post holder is expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Liaise with the Public, Local Authorities and other bodies as required
The person specification is a picture of skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out the job. It will also be used in the short-listing and interview process for this post.
You should demonstrate on your application form how you meet each of the following essential criteria. Please ensure that you address each one of the criteria as this will be used to assess your suitability for the post.
1. Experience in undertaking financial administrative tasks
2. Analytical skills, with an aptitude for problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing across a range of different audiences.
4. Skill in managing competing priorities over sustained periods of time, making judgements and adapting to changing circumstances and priorities.
5. Evidence of excellent customer service skills and the achievement of high quality services
6. Demonstrate accurate numerical skills and have an eye for detail when processing information
7. Ability to process information during a meeting and create accurate minutes
8. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
9. Working within a team, preferably in an office environment
10. Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice to set deadlines
11. Commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base.
12. Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft word and excel
13. Driving licence and own car to use
14. Ability to use financial management tools such as Microsoft excel and Sage
15. Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
16. Knowledge and experience of housing, health and social care services and practice
17. Good general knowledge of energy infrastructure in UK
18. Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
19. Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
20. A flexible, dynamic and creative approach
21. Other IT skills
Proposed Salary range:- £16,938 – £18,697 full time position depending on experience
Part time considered – minimum 21 hours per week
Office Working Hours – Monday to Friday between 9:00am & 5:00pm – Occasional weekend work required
Closing Date for applications midday Friday 29th March 2019
To apply please click here – Job Application Form
Volunteer/ Placement opportunities
Act on Energy at times need additional help, we are a small, friendly team covering a large area addressing fuel poverty and energy efficiency on behalf of local authorities and others. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers with a passion to help those in need and to help us through the year at events, in the office, holiday cover, etc.
If you are looking to build your CV, or just want to gain or share your experience in this extremely rewarding field of work, we would like to hear from you!
- Regular Volunteers to assist with a variety of events throughout the year but more so from October to March
- Or maybe you are looking for a work placement or internship
If you are interested in talking to us about the above please contact Rachel Jones and Gareth Williams using in the first instance our email@example.com email address.