The Stratford Energy Support Fund
Financial help with energy bills
The scheme is administered and managed by Act on Energy on behalf of Stratford-on-Avon District Council who are offering financial support this winter for vulnerable households within the district who are struggling to pay their energy bills.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE SCHEME?
All homeowners, private rented tenants and housing association/Council tenants, can apply or be referred for fuel vouchers or fuel payments if they:
- Live in the Stratford on Avon district; Alcester, Bidford-on-Avon, Quinton, Sambourne, Shipston-on-Stour, Southam, Stratford-upon-Avon, Studley, Upper Lighthorne and Wellesbourne & Walton,
- Have a combined gross household income of no more than £31,000.00 per year
- Have no household savings
- Have someone living in the home with a vulnerability (see list below)
If you satisfy ALL the 4 criteria above, you can apply for support through the Stratford Energy Support Fund. Applicants will need to send in evidence of their vulnerability and a copy of a recent energy bill to email@example.com.
Applications will also be taken through referrals from recognised community and voluntary organisations, including Citizens Advice, Stratford District Council, Foodbanks, Housing Associations, professional health and family services, Age UK, schools etc.
- Long term diagnosed and treated health conditions e.g., COPD
- Self-employed individuals who have been unable to work or whose income has been impacted by specific situations
- Households with unmanageable debt
- Recently made redundant
- Disabled and in receipt of DLA or PIP
- In receipt of free school meals
- Other vulnerabilities disclosed by household’s not on the list but accepted at AOE’s discretion
WHAT HELP IS AVAILABLE?
Financial support with fuel vouchers and fuel energy payment. This is a one-off payment.
When applying for Fuel Vouchers or Fuel Payment you will need to provide the following details:
- gas or electric supplier on the online application form including your energy supplier’s name and account number (referee must have seen this energy bill)
- Telephone number, date of birth, tenure, vulnerability, benefits, method of energy payment, will also be needed to when making the application.
Please make sure the energy account details are accurate. If they are incorrect the payment will be void and may not be able to be redeemed.
HOW WILL THE PAYMENT BE MADE?
If you use a key or a card to top-up your pre-payment meter you will be issued with PayPoint or Post Office Vouchers. A letter will be sent in the post to your address, containing the fuel voucher codes with instructions on how to redeem them.
A one-off payment onto your gas or electricity account (select 1 fuel type only, when completing the application form) for:
- those paying by direct debit or
- on receipt of bill or
- direct to their supplier
HOW MUCH WILL I RECEIVE?
Families with children under 18 (or up to age 21 in full time education), will receive £500 via direct payment to their energy supplier or as pre-payment energy vouchers for those paying by key or card.
Single households or couples will receive £300 via direct payment to their energy supplier or as pre-payment vouchers for those paying by key or card.
HOW TO APPLY
You can, or a partner referrer can, apply online by completing the application form link at the bottom of the page
Before applying please note:
- There is no guarantee of support.
- The funding is available until 31st May 2024 but it is limited and will be withdrawn once all funds have been allocated, which may be sooner than May 2024.
- This is not an emergency scheme and it may take two weeks for the payments to be made onto your account.
- No money will be paid directly to applicants.
- You will have to confirm on the application form that you meet the above qualifying criteria. You will need to send in evidence of your vulnerability and a copy of a recent energy bill to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register yourself or a client for the fund please complete and submit the ‘Online form’ available by clicking this link or the button below:
TERMS OF THE SCHEME
How long will it be before I receive help?
Please be aware that the Energy Support Fund is not an emergency service.
Fuel payments may take up to 20 working days for payments to reach energy accounts, we aim to issue fuel vouchers also within 20 working days.
Successful applicants will be contacted when a payment has been made and we are unable to provide applicants with details on their application before this date.
For any other queries please contact 0800 988 2881.
Please respect our staff – they are here to help and will be doing everything they can to bring your case to a satisfactory conclusion. Please note that funding is discretionary and could be withdrawn if deemed necessary. All applications are processed on a first come first served basis.
This webpage has been last updated: 22.08.2023, 18:10 GMT (UTC+1)