The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government energy efficiency scheme in Great Britain to help reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty. It can provide funding for insulation and broken or inefficient heating systems.
Qualifying benefits for this scheme include:
- Income Support
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Pension Credit Guarantee (not savings credit)
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credits
- Working Tax Credits
- Child Benefit*
- Disability Benefits
– Personal Independence Payment
– Disability Living Allowance
– Attendance Allowance
– Armed Forces Independence Payment
– Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
*based on income thresholds and household composition
25% of the obligation is to be met through measures delivered under ‘Local
Authority Flexible Eligibility’ – also known as Local Authority Flex, LA flex, or ECOflex.
Our participating authorities, Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Solihull, have further criteria which enable more people to benefit from the scheme, including:
- Postcode area + an income lower than the countywide average.
- Resident aged over 65 (or children under 5 in Warwickshire) AND appropriate income threshold.*
- An existing health condition that is made worse by living in a cold home OR or an EPC rating of E or lower AND appropriate income threshold.*
- Privately owned household with a prepayment meter AND appropriate income threshold.*
- Living in a property that is ex social housing AND appropriate income threshold.*
- Lives in private rented sector with an EPC score of A-E (insulation measures only) AND appropriate income threshold.*
- Anyone living on a residential park homes site AND appropriate income threshold.*
- First Time Central Heating only – A household with no existing central heating located within 23m of a gas main AND appropriate income threshold.*
*These vary based on council area. To see if you qualify give us a call for more information. You can contact us at our Freephone on 0800 988 2881.