PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
To provide comprehensive fuel poverty, energy efficiency and environmental advisory service to the public, both face to face and via telephone help lines. Energy efficiency information will be a primary role; however advice on all other environmental issues may be provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in the provision of a fuel poverty and environmental advice service, including providing comprehensive sustainable energy and affordable warmth advice to the vulnerable clients and signposting/referring to relevant grants and schemes for the installation of energy saving measures
- To use a variety of methods to persuade and encourage shifts to more sustainable living and to reduce fuel poverty including the provision of advice and information, training courses, workshops, and outreach work and to measure its effectiveness
- To promote Act on Energy’s services to both householders and frontline staff of other organisations, including: planning, co-ordinating and delivering presentations, events, and training sessions; preparing quotations; and drafting proposals
- To assist in the undertaking of behaviour change projects from inception to completion including preparing specifications , monitoring and reporting
- To maintain information systems and ensure material is updated, collating information from local council, Government departments and other outside agencies
- To support the design and production of communication materials and prepare materials for the website and other media where necessary
- To help develop, publicise and run training courses relevant to Act on Energy and the service we provide to local authorities
- To undertake reception/telephone duties, as required
- To deal with all correspondence in connection with duties and prepare reports as necessary.
- To attend internal and other meetings as required and represent Act on Energy
- To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner
- To achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by line manager
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder
- To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with Act on Energy’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation
- The post holder is expected to work some weekends and evenings as required
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Produce letters, reports, and notices and keep records
- Participate in the operation of the Service and the development of policy and practice.
- Undertake project work
- Liaise with the Public, Local Authorities and other bodies and participate in Working Groups Committees etc. as required
To find out how to apply for this amazing opportunity click here and follow the instructions. Closing date for applications is Friday 12th May 2017.